Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Negativity Fast Reflection - Day 43 - My Light Shines Bright

Today's Negativity Fast Reflection. Read about overcoming negativity to let your inner light shine with unyielding brightness in this reflection.

Trevor Lund has helped over 10,000 people fast from negativity since 2006. find out how to Live LIGHT Above the Negativity https://revtrev.link/bless. Check out all the tips and tools to fast from negativity https://revtrev.link/tips. Join the negativity fast at https://revtrev.link/fast.

negativity fast reflection

“Let your light shine before people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” This is what Jesus told us near the end of the sermon on the mount. He just finished saying that when we give we shouldn’t let our left hand know what our right hand is doing. When we pray we do it secret, not on the corner so people can see us. Fasting should be done, but don’t make it look like you're fasting.

Does anyone else scratch your head at what He said about doing good works so people may see them?

Motivations matter, I get that. My motivates make the difference in how I respond emotionally to what I do or don’t do. I can’t do it for the dough or for the show or do it worry or the hurry. I get that from the sermon on the mount. But I know it’s so easy to do good works and fool myself to thinking it’s not so I get noticed and praised by others.

I guess that’s why the crucible for silver and the furnace for gold,  but people are tested by being praised. (Proverbs 27:21),

When I get praised by others for the good works that they see, self-deflection doesn’t shine back on God. “No, it’s not that good.” The metaphor is I’m like the moon that reflects the to the side of the world that away from the sun. When I self-deflect it’s like a solar eclipse when the moon gets in between the sun and side of the world that facing the sun. Any light the moon reflects back to the sun is negligible and unnoticeable.

Maybe I shouldn’t do good works?

When I make excuses to not do good works it’s like a lunar eclipse where the world gets in between moon and the sun so the moon can’t reflect to sun’s light to the side of the world that’s away from the sun. We are created to shine the light of the sun to side of the world that’s away from the sun.

So what’s the solution?

There is time when the moon is the perfect position to reflect the most light to the side of world that’s away from the sun. In the northern hemisphere it’s in the autumn. It’s a full moon and even sometimes it’s the closest it will be to us in the month and we’ll call it a super moon. More commonly it’s just known as the harvest moon.

When people see us, they see the light of Christ. We can’t hide it. We can’t get in the way of it. Just being the you God create you to be makes a noticeable difference in your every day world. May you be encourage in this Negativity Fast Reflection - My Light Shines Bright.

Listen to Negativity Fast Reflection - My Light Shines Bright

Listen to more episodes and subscribe where you listen to podcasts https://revtrev.com/radio

Watch the replay of Negativity Fast Reflection - My Light Shines Bright

Subscribe and set notifications on YouTube https://revtrev.com/tv

Read the Negativity Fast Reflection - My Light Shines Bright

My light shines bright. I change the atmosphere around me. My smile brightens every room. My demeanour lifts the clouds off of others. It’s not me, but Holy Spirit in me that does the work and spreads the grace. My presence bring his presence and in his presence is fullness of joy.

How have people commented on what I bring into the room lately?

Next Steps

Live LIGHT Above the Negativity Course - Move from being easily regularly frustrated, usually feeling busy, often afraid or easily angered to having peace at all times and in every situation. https://revtrev.link/bless

Live LIGHT Tips and Tools to fast from Negativity - Are you looking to make a difference in the attitudes and actions in your everyday world? Get these Tips and Tools to help you Fast from Negativity https://revtrev.link/tips

Live LIGHT Negativity Fast - Move from toxic negativity to life-giving positivity with 47 days of reflections and Devotional and Community. https://revtrev.link/fast

Carpe Vitae!

negativity fast reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment