Thursday, December 19, 2019

Do you follow the path and pattern of Jesus?

Do you follow the path and pattern of Jesus? Do you know what patterns he followed that will help you Live LIGHT? In this next section of the Live LIGHT Manifesto we look at some important ones and how we can practically live them out.

I follow his path and pattern
I

I follow His path and pattern. I take my everyday life, my eating, sleeping, going-to-work, and walking-around life and lay it before him as an offering. I only do what I see the Father do. I only say what I hear the Father say. I do everything as unto the Lord. I take thoughts captive, I tear down strongholds, I demolish arguments.

There is a lot going on this this mouthful of the the Live LIGHT Manifesto. It’s starts with following His path and pattern.

I follow His path and pattern.

For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21

Jesus left us an example that we should follow in his steps. Bonhoeffer says it this way, “When Christ calls us to himself, he bids us come and die.”

Live LIGHT deals with the reality of of the day-to-day of our everyday. It’s not all about sunshine and rainbows, it’s about becoming more like Jesus. It starts with His attitude. “If Jesus suffered, who am I to complain?”

What it means to follow his path and pattern is fleshed out a bit in the following statements.

my goal

How to follow His path and pattern - worship

I take my everyday life, my eating, sleeping, going-to-work, and walking-around life and lay it before him as an offering.

And so, dear brothers and sisters,  I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Romans 12:1

Worship is a lifestyle, not the slow part of a song service. You can experience the awe and wonder of God in the moments when choose to do everything as an act of worship. Sometime was don’t experience the awe simply because we’re not aware. Other times, it’s obedience that’s required so let’s move on to the next statement.

How to follow His path and pattern - obedience

I only do what I see the Father do.

So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does. John 5:19

Jesus only did what he saw the Father do. There’s a challenge for us too. What would it look like to live that way? Holy Spirit gives us everything we need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3) so it’s not only desirable, it’s also doable or one do what we see the Father doing. Here are some tips for you:

  1. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly.
  2. Abide in Jesus.
  3. Listen to the Father daily (and often).

Need help with that? I’m here to help. https://revtrev.com/coaching

How to follow His path and pattern - listen

I only say what I hear the Father say.

I don’t speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. John 12:49

Jesus not only did only what He saw the Father doing, He also heard what He heard the Father say. He left us an example to follow in His steps. How can we listen so we only say what we hear the Father say?

I know this is a bit repetitive, but it works:

  1. Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly.
  2. Abide in Jesus.
  3. Listen to the Father daily (and often).

Need help with that? I’m here to help. https://revtrev.com/coaching

How to follow His path and pattern - awareness

I do everything as unto the Lord.

 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Ok…this is going to get a little long now, but I think it’s time for an acronym… how do you do everything as unto the Lord? WORK AS WORSHIP

WORK AS WORSHIP

Work with the right motivation (1 Corinthians 16:14)

Obey God (Proverbs 11:1)

Rely on God (Psalm 90:17)

Kick off laziness (Proverbs 12:24)

Always show grace (Ephesians 4:29)

Seek God (Colossians 3:23)

Work well (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

Observe God (James 4:13-15)

Respond with Thanksgiving (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Skillfully work (Proverbs 22:29)

Honour others (Philippians 2:3-4)

Intentionally work (Proverbs 28:19)

Please God (Matthew 6:33)

If you have any questions about any of these, let me know https://revtrev.com/contact

How to follow His path and pattern - warfare

I take thoughts captive, I tear down strongholds, I demolish arguments.

We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.  We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Well, if the last one I could explain with an acronym, this one is three days of training within the Live LIGHT Pathway course. Maybe I can hit the highlights…

It’s actually way too much to add to this blog post. But know it’s possible to take thoughts captive, tear down stronghold and demolish arguments. It’s done with the help and leading of Holy Spirit, knowing the Word of God and living out the Word of God.

If you have questions about this, I do encourage you to check out the options for coaching available here https://revtrev.com/coaching

my goal
Live LIGHT Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment