Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Your life matters more than you've been told

Your life matters to everyone in your everyday world. In this next section of the Live LIGHT Manifesto let's look at your everyday world, who the people of peace are and why you matter to them.

My Life Matters

My life matters to everyone in my everyday world.

“Whenever you enter someone’s home, first say, ‘May God’s peace be on this house.’  If those who live there are peaceful, the blessing will stand; if they are not, the blessing will return to you.  Don’t move around from home to home. Stay in one place, eating and drinking what they provide. Don’t hesitate to accept hospitality, because those who work deserve their pay. Luke 10:5-7

What is my everyday world and why does my life matter to it?

My everyday world is another term I may have coined or caught from someone…wait, I think it’s from Peterson’s transliteration of Romans 12:1-2

 So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2 The Message (MSG)

Oh…that’s right. He used “everyday, ordinary life”.

Maybe I did coin “everyday world”?

I told you I like to coin and promote new words.

Your everyday world is filled with your friends, family, neighbours, co-workers, classmates and anybody Holy Spirit highlights for you.

Your life matters to people of peace

Pay careful attention to people who want to help you out, do you favours without looking for favours back, and willing serve you.

These are the people of peace in your everyday world.

When Jesus send out his disciples he told them to not take any money, or a change of clothes and when they came to a town to search for a person who would have them. Give the home their blessing and if it turns our to be a friendly home, let their blessing remain…then let them serve you. Don’t hesitate to refuse their hospitality because a worker is worthy of their wages.

I don’t know about you, but I learned early on that some people only wanted to help so that you’d help them in return. So I became hesitant to accept anyone’s help.

I’d be happy to be the one who serves. I’ll shovel the neighbour’s walk. I’ll do it quick so they didn’t beat me to it and shovel mine.

my life matters

But then I read what Jesus taught his disciples. Basically he said, “Find people of peace and let them serve you.”

And so I let them serve me, and learned to really appreciate it.

Your life matters when you value others

People find value and honour in service and you honour them by accepting their help.

And guess what? You are allow to serve them too. Just don’t do it as a competition - if they do something nice, do something even nicer. That’s not what it’s about.

What it is about is that you’re making a way for them to ask more about Jesus and His Kingdom by showing them a little bit of the Kingdom by honouring them by accepting their service. You're actually showing them their life matters to you.

You are the light that should not be hid. Are you willing to let others shine too?

There is more training on this inside Live LIGHT Academy, but training will first be accessible to those who are a part of one of the coaching packages. Learn more.

Your life matters to everyone in your everyday world. Why don’t you let yourself see that by allowing some of them to serve you?

You’ll be amazed at what you may experience as you let others know their life matters to you.

#LiveLIGHT

my goal is to help you
Live LIGHT Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment