Saturday, December 7, 2019

I was Created

I was created to walk with God in the garden in the cool of the day.

When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the Lord God among the trees. Genesis 3:8

You and I were created to walk with God in the garden in the cool of the day.

Can you imagine what it was like for our first parents to be in the garden where they could hear their creator walking about?

How cool would that have been?

To BE WITH GOD in the garden - the one who had created you, playing with the animals he created and got you to name.

I’m talking - of course - before they ate the fruit, before they broke the only rule they had, before they shattered their Father’s all-knowing heart.

I was the only grandchild my grandmother ever spanked.

It wasn’t an abusive situation. I was shocked that it didn’t really hurt. I knew what I did had deserved it.

Every year my mom sent me to grandma’s for a week. It was sweet. She never had a bedtime for me. She’d be up at the crack of dawn making waffles with fresh cream and fresh-picked raspberries. She never had to call me for breakfast, I’d be there…and probably asleep a little earlier the next night.

One day I was walking in her garden, helping myself to raspberries and enjoying the summer day. For some reason I went through the fence gate. I probably bounced the dog’s ball over, went through the gate, threw the ball back to the dog and did some exploring.

I heard her call for me. But I was somewhere I knew I shouldn’t have been. I was on the other side of the fence. I guess that’s what made me not respond. Instead I hid myself.

She called and she called and she called. It was when her voice got scared that I got really scared. I had never heard my grandmother’s voice scared.

The neighbour came over to help her look. I had to make sure he didn’t find me. It wasn’t long before the police showed up. That’s when I knew I could not be found where I was.

I hatched a plan. If I could sneak back into the house and pretend to be sleeping, I couldn’t get in trouble for that, could I?

Well, the police were surprisingly easy to sneak by and I got into the house and down the hallway to the bedroom.

That’s when she found me.

That’s when I lied.

That’s when I had to apologize to the police officers and the neighbour. I don’t think I apologized to my grandma at that point.

She sent me to the room and I had to await my punishment…for the bold-faced lie.

So I can imagine a little bit how our first parents felt. They had everything and didn’t know how good they had it. They messed up and didn’t know how bad they did it.

But I’m like them…and I want to once again walk with God in the garden in the cool of the day.

I’m so glad He wants to walk with us too.

You can do it everyday. My goal is to do it all day everyday. He’s already always with me. I want to be aware of that and be with Him.

Do you need the training, tools, coaching and community to walk with God in the garden in the cool of the day? Discover more https://revtrev.com/coaching

the live light manifesto - I was created to walk with God

No comments:

Post a Comment