Saturday, May 9, 2020

Let’s talk about Hope

Hope is something we all may need a refresher on at this time. It’s something we can lose track of if we’re not careful.

I’ve had to learn about hope the hard way. When my dad died of Bulbar ALS I had just placed my family, friends, finances and future on the altar and trusted God with the best of all I had. Then my Dad died and it took some time until I learned I also needed to trust God with my pain and hurt and disappointment.

For me, faith is trusting God with my best, hope is trusting God with my pain.

In this series we’ll help you to #CopeWithHope.

Hope is the helmet of our salvation...that’s why it’s so often attacked. We’ll be attacked in the areas of our relationships, health and finances. It’s who we connect with, what we earn from what we do, and our body.

The battle for hope is the battle for identity.

How to Hope when life is a mess series

In this series we’ll look at a story in 1 Samuel 30 to see how David hoped when he got news that knocked the knees out from him.

Is your hope placed in something or someone who is trustworthy?

We can hope in plans, potential, possibilities or even the prophetic and be disappointed.

Hope is only as trustworthy as what it’s placed in.

Do you know your hope is secure?

It is when your hope is in Christ alone.

That means you know all of this will one day come to and end. It means that you know He will make a beautiful message out of any mess. It means that you live knowing you can trust the One who is trustable.

Every time we’ll unpack this a little bit more and more. Today was a reminder you can #CopeWithHope

Let me know how we can pray for you and what we can do to help you.

We’re in this together. Don’t do it alone.

Group coaching can help you trust God with your pain. Check out what’s available right now at https://revtrev.com/group

No comments:

Post a Comment