Friday, May 1, 2020

The darker the night, the brighter my light

The darker the night gets, the brighter the light gets. Learn how to show this natural occurrence in practicality of real life.

Darker the night

The darker the night the brighter my light.

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” John 8:12

Darker the night

The darker the night gets, the brighter the light gets. It’s the way of the world.

Can it be true in our lives?

Or is it weak comparison?

I know Jesus calls us the light of the world, but was he just waxing poetic?

I know Isaiah said in 60:1-3

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you  and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn.

But without doubt Isaiah’s prophecy was a poem, was it not?

It’s not always true that light overpowers darkness, just watch the 24-hour news cycle. There’s never any news of good things (light) happening.

Just think of the stories of cancer and sickness and disease. What about the times you’ve done your best to do right and it was unappreciated and even openly mocked.

Good doesn’t always win. Those who do right are hardly ever the most powerful. Our media tells us that. Our experience confirms it.

But God…

You can’t lose with God.

I remember when I was grieving the death of my dad. I was living offended at God. I had questions and doubts and frustration and anger. A friend who knew my dad came up to me and started asking me those same questions and doubts and frustration and anger and my response shocked both me and him.

“With God you can’t lose. Dad’s at home with him and out of this messed up, backwards world. I’m going do what I can to un-mess this messed up world.”

With God you can’t lose no matter how darker the night.

That’s why when a great darkness comes, we’re told to arise and shine.

If you want suggestions on how you can easily do it check out https://revtrev.com/live-happy/7-simple-ways-to-change-the-world/

Our focus matters

It’s not the tragedy that should ever be our focus. It’s the ones who run to do what they can to help others in that tragedy that is the story we need to celebrate.

Thanks for being a living light. Will you live LIGHT?

I’m here to help. Get a free coaching call by going to https://revtrev.com/coaching

darker the night
Darker the night in Live LIGHT manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment