Wednesday, May 13, 2020

To Hope - Listen for the Lord

Do you make the time to listen for the Lord? Learn a tool that can help you listen for the Lord effectively today.

Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelech, "Bring me the ephod." Abiathar brought it to him, and David inquired of the LORD, "Shall I pursue this raiding party? Will I overtake them?" "Pursue them," he answered. "You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue.”

A tool to listen for the Lord

There is a tool that helps me listens for the Lord. I call it conversational journaling. I know I’ve told you about it before but my question for you during this time of of self-imposed exile for the good of the realm is - Do you regularly listen for the Lord?

Habakkuk 2:1 says “I will look to see what he will say to me”

Don’t to enjoy poetic prophecy? How do you look to see what God will say? How do you see what anyone says?

Although I think we all get it. Anyone who has seen the voice of God gets it.

Anyway, it goes on and God answers Habakkuk’s complaint -

“Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.”

That’s where we get Conversational Journalling from.

Here’s how you do it.

  1. Get in the place you feel God’s presence (look to see)
  2. Write down a question you want to ask God (what He will say)
  3. Write down His response with your stream of consciousness (write it down and make it plain)
  4. Later, edit it for spelling and grammar and give it to someone you trust who’s a spiritual parent who is willing to tell you what they think of it. Get someone who can speak the truth in love. (so a herald may run with it).

You’ll be surprised at what comes out and how God can direct your steps with it. I should really do that again today. God has really been encouraging me in my journalling this week. He gave me a tool for writers that I was asking him if I should look through my files for the last 15 years to find what I did in the past. The one he gave me was WAY better than what I had come up with before.

How do you use conversational journaling or how else do you listen for the Lord to see what God will say? 🤔

He will encourage you when you stop to listen.

#CopeWithHope 😊

Learn what Live LIGHT Rhythm (group) coaching can do for you today https://revtrev.com/group

No comments:

Post a Comment